On this occasion we present to you a quick and easy recipe of preparation with the traditional flavor.
• 2 lb beans red mantle load big
• 3 cubes of chicken broth
• Enough water to cover the beans
• 1 onion finely chopped
• 1 lb bacon, cooked (optional) or pork hoof
• 1 Envelope of seasoning for beans (optional)
• 1 carrot grated or in small squares
• 2 large tomatoes, peeled and diced
• 2 green bananas diced or preferably by hand
• Salt and cumin to taste
1. Beforehand, wash the beans and let them soak (covered by the water) for about a day or the night before to soften them. Save the water because it is reused for cooking. To soften them more you can put a teaspoon of bicarbonate in the water.
2. Prepare the stew with all the ingredients, adding the salt and cumin to taste, in oil over low heat for about 10 or 15 minutes.
3. Add the previously prepared stew to the softened beans, if you use a conventional pot, the ideal is to cook everything for about 3 hours over low heat and if you want a better flavor use a clay pot. If you use a pressure cooker it can take about an hour.
4. Remove from the pot and serve. You can accompany with slices, avocado and a sprig of parsley.
Enjoy your meal! Accompany it every day with everything and you will have extra strength and health for real, right.
Makes 5 to 6 plates. Suggested recipe. The images on this page are referential and the recipe may not be identical in appearance, the results may vary.
Recommended products in our store