It is its abundance of components that makes it so appealing to the eye and to the palate, it is undoubtedly an ideal caloric intake to recover from a long and exhausting trip.
This dish contains the proteins that both minced meat and beans give it. In addition, it contains the good quality fats that avocado offers and the calcium that eggs give it. It also contains vegetables rich in vitamins and minerals.
• ½ kg. beans or beans
• ½ kg. pork for pork rinds
• 300 gr. minced meat
• 3 chorizos
• 2 tomatoes
• 1 carrot
• 1 green banana
• Chives or parsley
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 50 ml. of oil
• 1 egg
• 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
• 1 teaspoon garlic
• ½ teaspoon of cumin
• 1 ripe avocado
1. Soak beans or beans the night before; then cook them in a pressure cooker for an hour together with a teaspoon of salt and add the green banana without peel along with the carrot, cook the beans.
2. Bring the chorizos to a boil over medium heat for 10 minutes. Later, brown them in a pan so they finish cooking completely.
3. Add a cup and a half of water to a medium saucepan. Add the pieces of pork rind and let them cook. Once the water evaporates, fry in its own fat. The process ends when they are evenly browned; Add a pinch of salt.
4. Cut the tomatoes into squares and fry them together with the garlic and chives or parsley. Add the tomato sauce and half a teaspoon of cumin. Add salt and pepper. Reserve.
5. Remove the green banana and carrot from the pot with the beans after 45 minutes in the pressure cooker. Place them in the blender, add water from the pot with beans and blend. Once this is done, return to the pot with beans and add half of the sauce. Cover the pot and continue cooking for 15 more minutes.
6. Add the minced meat to the pan with the rest of the tomato sauce. Let cook for 15 minutes over medium heat. Add salt and pepper.
Serve a portion of each preparation on a large plate. To finish the paisa tray, we can accompany it with rice, banana, fried egg and avocado and the unforgettable arepa!
A recommendation, after having enjoyed a good dish from the Bandeja Paisa, drink a cup of a hot red coffee It is the ideal complement!